 CAD / 15238
15237  |  15239
Subject:
Point me in the right direction...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 20:36:20 GMT

Hey all,

This is a wee bit off topic, so apologies in advance.

I’m a long time lego fan but a relative computer novice. So I thought I’d turn to my fellow hobbyist in regards to their specialty. I’m really seeking a ‘book of everything’ something that really explains a computer’s inner workings with a view to me someday understanding enough to learn a programming language. I would just like to find out ‘where a language fits into the overall structure’ before I jump into a C equivalent... I have a very rudimentary knowledge of electronics (from some basic engineering courses) but really want to understand the hierarchy between that and what I see when I boot up an operating system. If their are any holy grail reference manuals or just good books/sites could you please recommend them to me!

Thanks much and God Bless,

Nathan Brickshelf