 CAD / 15027
Re: stl2dat and scale problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:34:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Peter Abrahamson wrote:
Hey all

I hope someone out there can help me out. I have created a 3D model of "bb280
(sword)" using Autodesk Inventor. I built it using metric dimensions. I have
made a stl file from it. Using the stl2dat program I get a dat model but the
size is all wrong, tiny in fact.  What am I doing wrong?

http://marc.klein.free.fr/lego/stl2dat/stl2dat.html

states clearly:

"Use LDraw Unit, not millimeters. (20 = length of 1x1 brick)"

Is the a setting I am
not understanding? Is there a way of converting the scale? Where do you adjust
parameters in stl2dat? Confusion is setting in.

You'll have to scale your part in autocad before conversion or start from the
scratch using LDUs: http://www.ldraw.org/Article218.html#ldu

w.