 CAD / 14981
14980  |  14982
Subject:
Virtual Minibrix - New release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:45:14 GMT

It’s me again!

My initial launch of Virtual Minibrix on the world seems to have generated rather more interest than I expected. As a result of all the feedback and contributions I have received, I am delighted to announce that the web site is now offering version 2 of the software, with lots of new parts (and a few improved ones). I have also regenerated many of the pictures in the Gallery to pick up the changes.

Highlights of what is new:
  • Added all the “missing” parts from the 1930s - the plain wood and the double-angled Purlins.

  • Added all the “missing” parts from the 1960s - the modern doors and windows, the No.0 Roof and the Supporting Pole.

  • Added the dovetailed versions of the Tudor Half Bricks.
(Many thanks to J. C. Tchang for providing me with all the new parts.)
  • Redesigned all the roofs (1, 2, 3 and 4) to match their real counterparts much more closely.

  • Added the small locating pips to all the doors and windows.

  • Redefined the colour of the brown roof tiles to be a much better match to real Minibrix tiles.

  • Started a page of more advanced hints and tips for using Virtual Minibrix.
Full details of the update, and how to upgrade, are at http://www.minibrix.btinternet.co.uk/news.html. Upgrading is easy, and the changes will be picked up automatically when you next open or render any existing models.

Enjoy!

Martin James