 CAD / 14954
14953  |  14955
Subject:
Virtual Minibrix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:33:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

If you’re reading this, the chances are I’ve rung a small bell.

Readers of a “certain age” may remember, and indeed may have grown up with, Minibrix. This was a forerunner to Lego, consisting of very realistically-coloured rubber interlocking bricks, and made by the Premo Rubber company of Petersfield, Hampshire in England. I’ve been a fairly serious virtuel-Lego modeller in LDraw for a couple of years now, but I have also been working on a sideline which is just about ready for public consumption. It’s an extension to LDraw/MLCAD to use as a Minibrix construction tool.

Rather than me rambling on about it here, the quickest way to explain it all is to just point folks at my Virtual Minibrix web site. So if the curiosity has got to you, wander over to http://www.minibrix.btinternet.co.uk and take a look. There’s the software (LDraw parts library), instructions, loads of sample models and other related documentation. There’s even a few of my more serious Lego LDraw models there too, just to show there’s no favouritism! The site is written for a general audience, not necessarily familiar with LDraw, so my apologies if some of it reads like “motherhood”.

Even if the software doesn’t appeal, you might at least enjoy a quick stroll through the Gallery of some of my POV-Ray Minibrix and Lego models.

Martin James