 CAD / 14893
Re: SR 3D Builder Version 0.2.2.3 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:01:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:
xSergio wrote:

I'm happy to announce that a new and hopefully stable version of my
Cad has been released.

Looks like a *very* interesting program. Unfortunately it didn't like my
graphics card, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 ("Could not get a device"), so
there's no way I could test it :-(

Some notes:

- It's a bit unclear what to click to start the program, one has to Explore
the installation directory to find the real program. Creation of a Desktop
icon might be good. I'd recommend using an installer such as InnoSetup,
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php, free for all use.

- The uninstall didn't uninstall any files, just removed the entry from
Add/Remove Programs. Had to remove everyhting else with Explorer. I have no
idea if there are any Registry settings or Application Data that should be
removed too?

- It's not acceptable with a program that demands the changing of my
Regional Settings. It's OK for a prototype, but it must be fixed. In Delphi
it would be as simple as:
  DecimalSeparator := '.';
  ListSeparator := ',';
inside the program. No need to complicate it for the users.

I'm sorry about your graphic card, but I try to write the shader in a previous
version without success.

To run the program you have to follow the link created in the windows
StarMenu.SergioReano.SR3DCad.

I haven't try to uninstall the program or, at least, I have not checked what is
really removed from the disk and what is not. I will do some checks. also i will
test some installation tools.

I have fixed problems about Internationalization. They will be online in the
next release.

thanks for help.

Sergio