 CAD / 14786
  Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - MATRIX section updated

(...) Works for me. --Travis (17 years ago, 11-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - MATRIX section updated

(...) Hey, could you perhaps toss in the word "homogeneous" when describing that matrix? I tend to find more complete explanations when I add that to my internet searches. Have fun, Don (17 years ago, 11-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - MATRIX section updated

(...) Before I do that, can someone tell me if a 3D transformation matrix that includes shear is still homogeneous? If not, then I'm not going to put it in. --Travis (17 years ago, 11-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - MATRIX section updated

(...) Yes, the matrix is still homogeneous. In fact this page contains a nifty explanation of how what we normally think of as a translation matrix is actually a shear matrix where the extra w dimension added to make things homogeneous is the fixed (...) (17 years ago, 11-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - MATRIX section updated

(...) OK, I updated the first "4x4 3D transformation matrix" to now be "4x4 homogeneous transformation matrix". I didn't feel that leaving 3D in there somewhere was practical. Because of this, I intentionally left the text alone two sentences later, (...) (17 years ago, 11-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)