 CAD / 14317
Re: New LDraw Parts Admin appointed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:44:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:
I am pleased to announce that a third LDraw Parts Admin has been appointed to
join Steve Bliss and myself.

Ross Crawford (ROSCO) is well known to many in the LDraw community, is currently
a member of the LDraw Standards Committee, and has kindly agreed to share the
responsibility for administering the parts library. A short biography is
available on LDraw.org
http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=416

The roles of the parts admins are not restricted to adding the final approval
vote to parts on the Parts Tracker that release them for inclusion in a Parts
Update. We also manage the file naming conventions, submit updates to official
parts, move incorrectly named files, assign 3-digit and patterned part numbers,
and many other tasks that maintain the integrity of the library.

This increase in volunteer manpower should allow me to finish the implementation
of the Contributor Agreement in the existing official library, and open the door
for Parts Updates to flow once more.

Chris Dee

Congratulations Ross and thanks to Steve and Chris for doing an excellent job
for all this time.

Tim