 CAD / 13948
Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:24:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Bugge wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Andrew Westrate wrote:
   Anyway Niels, as far as the actual text you wrote, the only problem I have with it (besides POV-Ray & stud logos), is that a lot of stuff you wrote regarding bowties, non-coplanar quads, & fixing BFC really apply to authors, not to reviewers.

With a lot of parts, you’ll find that you have to do it yourself anyways because of inactive authors. But I’m basically including it because the new reviewers need to understand what they’re looking for, and because the explanation of those words (scattered over several Ldraw pages) are really fuzzy:
I read those back in the days, but still had to have the concepts explained to me in the PT before I figured out what it was.
Now I’ve made that graphical representation I really needed when I started parts authoring and generally roaming the PT.

If you (started as a reviewer on a part) start to do the edit of a part yourself because of inactive authors, your function changes from part reviewer into parts author. So how to fix those errors apply to authors, not to reviewers. Reviewers should only know how to identify those errors. Parts authors should know how to fix those errors.

About your reviewing tutorial, perhaps you can include a checklist, like the one I wrote (I can’t remember if I mailed it to you or if I posted it here).

Niels Karsdorp