 CAD / 13707
Re: conext sensetive web pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:24:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
My girlfriend came up with a great idea the other day......

What if you were looking at a rendering of a lego model generated by LDraw, and
you could drag your cursor over a part, and it would tell you the part number?

That could be pretty handy, no?  Extensions from there would to be able to go to
peeron and find out what models it can be found in.  From there you could go to
bricklink and find out who has it for sale.

This database for the image would have to be calculated by the renderer, and I
don't know how easy or hard that would be.

Kevin

I know.... responding to my own post....

I guess this is the same as having your web browser know about MLCad and viewing
models over the web using that.

The only difference is that the viewer doesn't *have* to have LDraw/MLCad
installed, and configured for their browser.

Kevin