 CAD / 13394
Re: 3d Video Rendering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:24:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Joseph Greene wrote:
I've been playing with Blender to create videos from LDraw Files. A fellow wrote
a LDraw Import Script, so creation of the parts is easy, I just create my model
in MLCad and import it, then I begin the animation and movement. It's not
exactly perfect as I run Blender on a UNIX system and had to tweak the script to
allow for the change in Path separator from \ to / (mostly bit me on s\###.DAT
files and case sensitivity in UNIX). However it works beautifully beyond that.
Does anyone else do Animation of their LEGO models starting from LDraw format?
What do you use?

POV-Ray and my own Library and abilities, a Converter between LDraw and my
Library exists and is slowly growing. Find what I and friends have done here:

  http://www.antonraves.com

Greetz,
  Anton