 CAD / 1338
Re: ldraw wont work
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 07:12:30 GMT

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 05:29:55 GMT, "Edwin McCurdy" <mccurdye@hartwick.edu>
wrote:

I down loaded ldraw not to long ago and when i ran it i couldnt, it gave me a
message saying this:
This program has performed an illegal operation and will be terminated.  Quit
all programs, and then restart your computer.

If the program consistently encoutners problems, click Start button, then
select Help, Troubleshooting, and 'if you have trouble running MS-DOS
programs'.
Under Details it says:
The program encountered a general protection exeception.
Fault location:     022F:0044
interrupts in service:  1
Im having the same problem with a few other dos based programs.
i tried running them thrue dos and some of them worked but l-draw just shutdown
and restarted my computer.
Can anyone help me.
Edwin McCurdy
I want by l-draw now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to help you, but from what you wrote, it seems you may be having
other problems.  A few general things to try:
1.  Run scandisk on all drives to repair any disk errors.
2.  Try shutting down some of the background programs running (like in the
tray)  One of those programs may be conflicting with dos-based programs.
3.  Try starting Win9x "clean" - when you see the words "starting Windows 9x"
or when you see the Windows splash-screen graphic, press and hold the Shift key
until Windows finishes loading.  That should bypass most startup programs.

If one of the background programs is causing the problem, you need to isolate
which one, and either stop using it altogether, or get an updated/fixed copy
that works.

Question: Does the program ledit.exe work?  What about makelst2.exe?  Note: the
program makelist.exe will *not* work if you have added all the lcad update
parts - you have to use makelst2.exe.

Anyone have any other ideas?

-- Terry K --