 CAD / 13156
Re: [ANN] New inventory tool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 00:22:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Damien Guichard wrote:
Hi all,

I currently explore what are the OCaml language possibilities and how it could
fit the needs of our beloved lego worlds.
I have made a prototype of a new inventory tool and i need criticism:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alphablock/downloads/Peeroml.zip

You need OCaml first, here is the main page of the OCaml distribution (for most
systems) :

http://caml.inria.fr/index.en.html

My inventory program is somewhat similar in functionality to LDiff (by Kevin L.
Clague http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=12977) but uses radically new ideas, or at
least ideas never thought of in a LCad context.
LSC members and anyone at the cutting edge of LCad technologies should test it
and make his(her) own opinion.

Thanks for your feedback,

- damien

lego web page: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alphablock/

Hi dan and Roger,

I apologize for all my previous negative feedback.
I have regained faith.
More precisely i made the following evaluation:

# unnamed_bonus_pack_parts = (union spy_bot_parts twin_starfire_parts);;
- : bool = true

Basically that means bonus pack #1510 is really set #1498 plus set #1499.
Which means i am more confident now.
Which doesn't means i will not stress the database as far as possible...

- damien

lego page: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alphablock/