 CAD / 13066
Re: LPub 2.4.7 available & LDiff comment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 09:21:23 GMT

--SNIP--

With the new technique of figuring out how much part images can overlap each
other (tighter packing algorithm), PACK SUBS is not invoked, if there is
overlap.

Currently, the overlap detection process only has to check the the previous part
added to the column to find maximum overlap.

With PACK_SUBS, a new part added to the column has to check against all the
parts at the previous row, which could be many parts.  LPub has never needed to
track the contents of the previous row before, so the data structures needed
don't currently exist.

I'll examine the code and stop discarding the BOM LDraw files.

Thanks for that Kevin. Could you turn piece packing off and use bounding box
packing for the PACK SUBS (does it have an underscore? my documentation doesn't
seem to say so) routine perhaps? Or have an option to use the old packing
routines or the new ones as a temporary measure?

Also, I'm getting an error:

submodel_bill_of_materials: Failed to open file
C:\ldraw\LDRAW\MODELS\TheGhan\GhanEngine.ldr for reading

when I try to generate the BOM/sub-BOM for an MPD in that directory. I tried
putting the file there but that didn't seem to fix the problem.

Apologies if the latter is an old error but I couldn't find it.

I suspect this problem has been there for a while (maybe since the change to
LPub/LDraw, or further back).  The file path looks all wrong.

Kevin

I'm so stupid. I should have noted that the double ldraw is correct on my
system. But you are right, this is an old problem. I hadn't mentioned it before
as it didn't seem to make anything break and I thought it may have something to
do with my permissions setting anyway.

Thanks for all that,

Tim

PS. I just googled LDiff and discovered that there is software which finds the
difference between Latex files called Ldiff (which some of us scientists and
other geeks here may use - it will almost certianly be installed by default on
many *nix systems). Perhaps LdrDiff wuld be a better name.