 CAD / 13034
  LPub Orientation and Half-Size LDraw files

One of the "features" of LPub is to create part list images and bill of materials images, modeling those concepts found in LEGO building instructions. One of the issues I noticed years ago when I first used LPub for book authoring was that not all (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Orientation and Half-Size LDraw files

(...) Kevin, Could Lpub check for a new orientation.ldr using http to some well known website every time it's started, or on demand? A CGI on the website could allow for submissions of updates for specific parts. (...) Why not have Lpub use a search (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Orientation and Half-Size LDraw files

(...) If you use the sourceforge, the files in CVS are automatically made available via http by the CVS web interface. I think a web page could be constructed that always points to the latest. (...) You could do this by launching any of the viewers (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Orientation and Half-Size LDraw files

Hi Kevin, --SNIP-- (...) I think that is a good idea. I've never changed it myself but I'd be mighty annoyed if it got overwritten. Another possibility is have one file in the LPub directory (for the defaults) and another in LDRAWDIR/LPub for user (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Orientation and Half-Size LDraw files

(...) <snip> (...) Yes, but I want all to be able to update it. Do you really think CVS is the right thing to use for non-programmers? (...) Yes, I know that I can use the current viewers to display the rendered part, but I still need a bit of code (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Orientation and Half-Size LDraw files

(...) What about a Wiki with some script to generate .ldr from there? Philo (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Orientation and Half-Size LDraw files

(...) All these ideas are great I think, but I have no idea how to implement them.... Any volunteers to help set this process up? Thanks, Kevin (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Orientation and Half-Size LDraw files

(...) What if you changed it to check for an individual (*.ori?) file for each part? If the file exists, it contains the orientation info. That way an upgrade would only add new files that don't already exist. The only problem then is if an already (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Orientation and Half-Size LDraw files

(...) Thinking more about it, I wonder if it is a good idea that anybody be able to modify (and possibly screw up) these files. Some (manual) validation should probably be necessary. Philo (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad)