 CAD / 12999
Re: Teaser: Automatic sticker creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:00:33 GMT

[ ... snipped ... ]

I have no issue with you using the NCLTC logo as long as I can use it too!
What did you start with?  I would imagine I could provide you with a better
starting point if you let me know what you want.  I have a version I created
from the old BMP2DAT utility but it never looks very good when used in
ML-CAD.

When I open your .ldr file with ML-CAD, I get an error on line 6.  Is that a
known issue?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Of course you're welcome to use it (it being yours). I started with the image
from ILTCO and tidied up the anti-aliasing (ie. removed by hand) to generate the
.BMP I linked to above (and removed the text... small text really doesn't work
at all well and there is already a TXT2DAT which would do a much better job). It
can't really work with anti-aliasing as you end up with lots of little squares
everyehere that an anti-aliased pixel used to be and it looks very strange,
which is why I had to edit the image first.

The advantage this has over BMP2DAT (from what I can gather, haven't really used
it) is that my program finds the lines and then triangulates the resulting
polygon rather than turning pixels into quads (correct me if this is not what
BMP2DAT does).

The error is a known issue but with MLCad which can't understand its own
meta-command. It occurs because I accidently made the image in the wrong colour
and changed it by hand.

Tim