 CAD / 12511
12510  |  12512
Subject:
Some comments on LPub - rotations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:14:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Andreas Maier wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

7. I seem to be unable to use MLCAD rotation steps in a way that results in the
rendered images being rotated as I see it in MLCAD. I have the impression that
additive rotation steps are not supported by LPub (let me know if it should
work, then I investigate more). Also, when using relative rotation steps, the
rotation I see in MLCAD is different than the rendered images rotate. I have
attached Comment7.zip containing some files which show this effect. I'm not sure
to what extent any MLCAD settings influence this behaviour, so I included the
MLCAD.INI and the settings from the Registry in the zip, as well as a screen
shot of how I see it in MLCAD. The different rotation can be seen when comparing
the MLCAD screenshot (MLCAD-Screenshot-AfterRotation.png) with the image of the
fourth step (Comment7_0_03.bmp). While you may argue that the MLCAD viewing
angle is simply different, my point is that the direction of the x,y,z axis are
confusing between MLCAD and LPub. The perspective on the model is the same
before the rotation step (comparing MLCAD-Screenshot-BeforeRotation.png with
Comment7_0_01.bmp), and is different afterwards. This is a strong indication
that the axis are understood differently by the two programs. I did not dig into
whether LPub, L3P, POVRay or even MLCAD is the cuplrit. Any insight on what I
can do to get that consistent, is appreciated much.

Just this weekend I fixed this problem.  Things seemed to work OK for rotations
about the Y axis, but not much else.  I reread the MLCad Spezification, and have
fixed my bug.  It has been there a long time, and reported in the past, but I
failed to fix it then.

I verified it and it works great.

I have to correct myself. It does not seem to work, but then as I re-read your
answer, it seems that the fixed version is still in the pipe and not yet in
2.2.0.9 beta, true ?

Thanks
Andy