 CAD / 1250
1249  |  1251
Subject:
Yet Another LDraw Viewer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:31:29 GMT

Well, I was not completely pleased with the tools that were availble for
modelling new parts.  So I wrote my own.

It runs on Linux using Perl, PerlTk and OpenGL.  It might run on Windows but I
have not tested it.

http://www.limey.net/~fiji/rokenworld/perlld/

At the moment you can load a part (with subparts) (or a model but I don't have
the path to search in yet) and rotate it and move around it.  If you click
with the left mouse button you can spin the object around as you drag.  And
the right mouse button colors the polygon you click on red.

Okay, so it isn't mouch, but it is cool to be able to spin models around at
will.

Mail me with questions and suggestions, I plan on adding an integrated editor
that will immediately reflect changes to the file as you edit and will allow
you to click on a polygon or line and that line will be highlighted in the
editor.

       -ben