 CAD / 12385
Re: need help with instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:10:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Vineet Honkan wrote:
Hello all-

As many of you may know, I have been working on a virtual crane since last year,
managing to put pics up of th erendering just recently.
Anyway, my question is this; does anyone know how I can set the instructions to
look a lot like the lego instructions, with the arrows drawn showing where the
parts go and all? The reason I ask is because when I tried to draw arrows in the
design, they just stood there throughout the entire setup. Also, does anyone
know howto make them bigger when they are posted? This I ask because when I
saved a test set of instructions, they appeared very small. I read the book on
Lego Powertools, but I am still confused. If anyone could help me in these
areas, I'd really appreciate it.

<<Talking as the LDraw Help Desk Coordinator>>
Are you using LPub to create your building instructions (BIs).  LPub has some
functionality to make your BIs look more like LEGO Offical BIs with the call
outs and such. I would suggest you start with LPub.

<<Talking as a LEGO Fan who loves to make BIs>>
I don't know who LEGO creates their BIs, what software they use, who those them,
if they have graphic artist in on it, etc..  However, I tend to use LPub to
create just the basic BI image (nothing else) and then use Adobe Photoshop and
Macromedica Fireworks to create my background, import the BI images, add arrows
(much bigger than what Ldraw has), create the box call outs for sub-models,
etc..  This works best with complicated bigger models which I think your crane
falls into.  Hope this helps,

AHui
LDraw Help Desk