 CAD / 11753
11752  |  11754
Subject:
Converting Images to DAT?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 19:49:10 GMT

I am looking for advice on converting images (custom stickers) to .dat so I
can add them to my models and render them with POV.  I am hoping to gain
some insight from the collective LUGNET expertise in this area.  I have used
LDAO's BMP to DAT functionality with so-so results and am wondering if there
is anything better.

Thanks,

Mike

--
Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

  Re: Converting Images to DAT?

(...) You could try LDDP's BMP to DAT or the standalone BMP2DAT from Carsten Schmitz. -Orion (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)
  Re: Converting Images to DAT?

(...) How comfortable are you with POV-Ray? If you simply want to include the decal in a rendered image, and if you have a scan of the custom sticker, you could insert it directly into the POV-Ray file so that it's rendered along with the model. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)
  Re: Converting Images to DAT?

(...) Dave!'s right about POV-Ray, the results will be far superior to what you get with BMP2DAT utilities. If you really want LDraw files of your stickers, your options depend on what format you used to create the stickers. And the style of the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad)