 CAD / 1166
Re: Flattened Primitives (was Re: 1x1 and 2x2 chess sets)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 21:25:23 GMT

I don't like having this list (and having to keeping it up-to-date),
but it seems that many part authors are lazy or ignorant and write
lines like "1 16  x y z  10 0 0  0 0 0  0 0 10 4-4disc.dat"

I doubt it's laziness, since a default insertion has a 1 in the yy column.
There was talk in the primitives group about using the discs and rings for
cones.  Since we would have to go through and "fix" any parts which put a 1
in the yy column, I know I at least started using 0's for a while--until we
decided to add cone primitives.

Would it by possible for L3P to replace the 0 with 0.000000001.  In the cone
case being used as a ring, it would turn out just a very slightly sloping
cone.  For rings, etc. it wouldn't make any difference.

-John Van