 CAD / 11525
  Re: Color Names

(...) Because when a new color is introduced, it would help if people could infer the official name without having to ask for it. (...) What about previous colors? TLC might only have to be concerned about the current color pallete, but Bricklink (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Color Names

(...) Why do 'official' names matter, though? To me, the name useful to the community matters. -Tim (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Color Names

(...) Because unless TLC wholy converts over to using the same names that we do, it'd be nice to know what they're talking about when they start using a name that we don't. Also, it's nice to know what to ask for when you need to order a replacement (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Color Names

(...) I'd suggest that we keep the LEGO names in the database, as another naming scheme. That way, when we want to look up the LEGO name for a color, just look it up in the database. Better yet, when an AFOL calls LEGO and refers to OUR name for (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Color Names

(...) Absolutely. They shouldn't be used in lieu of a more fan-friendly naming system, but it's nice to have them available for reference purposes. (...) Oh, yikes. I'm pretty sure there are some color names that refer to different colors depending (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Color Names

(...) Certainly possible. With a simple DB dump, we could supply the Consumer Service with a key to put next to the rest of their reference material on their desks. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)