 CAD / 11488
  Povray boatwake

i created this image (URL) povray and a waves techneque then appying a wake look in photoshop. hows it look? (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Povray boatwake

(...) Fantastic. Could be my monitor, but I get the feeling of the water is just about to freeze. It looks a little like this state just between liquid and solid. /Tore (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Povray boatwake

(...) Very impressive! Can you do it all with Pov-Ray? ;) (...) Yep - it's too shiny. Turn down the reflectiveness and it'll be perfect. Maybe a little motion blur would be cool too. I know you can do that with MegaPOV (the unofficial patched (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Povray boatwake

(...) Nice water. (...) Have been working on this. I am trying to animate a podracer with simulated dust kicking up behind the engines. Would be very close to water spray. I have been working with "while" loops to simulate this. I need to do some (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Povray boatwake

(...) well my first idea was to create a plane in Cinema4d for a boat wake... actually heres all my ideas 1. 3d boat wake via c4d *downside = millions upon millions of pollies* 2. A simple image like the classic nautica box front wakes *Downside = (...) (20 years ago, 29-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Povray boatwake

The rooster tail is great! The individual waves could be at a wider angle though. In safe boating classes they teach you that your wake spreads at about a 45 degree angle which you need to be aware of so that you don't "wake" vessels at anchor, on (...) (20 years ago, 29-May-04, to lugnet.cad)