 CAD / 11401
Re: LDraw.org 2004-02 Parts Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:33:00 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Steve Bliss wrote:
Wee-hoo!  This one's a biggie! :)  The 2004-02 parts update has been unleashed.

It includes 408 files, with 122 new part files.  A special treat are the two
largest parts we've ever had the privilege of including in the LDraw.org parts
library.  The first big file is part 782.dat, the 50 x 50 baseplate.  The second
part is also a baseplate, part 3947.dat, the craterplate.  This one is 'big'
because its DAT files take up over a megabyte of storage.  That's *big*.

In a few hours, you'll be able to download 2004-02 by going to
<http://www.ldraw.org/library/updates>, but for now, try
<http://www.ldraw.org/OLD/library/updates>.

Thanks to all the authors and reviewers who contributed to this release.

Special, personal thanks to Chris Dee, who wrote the script to generate the
preview page.  I really like not having to write "the preview page is not yet
available". ;)

Let's see, I think 'Yippee!!' is still available. :)

This looks alike a great update. Lots of good stuff. A couple of problems
though...my system doesn't seem to like some stuff.

When I open MLCAD, the first thing I get is an error stating that 's\3005s01.dat
not found!' I hit okay, no more errors. However, I noticed that instead of the
Brick 1x1 with pattern bricks being a regular brick, a bunch of them now consist
of just a rectangle with the pattern! (1, 2, 3, 4, (6 doesn't exist) 7, E, F, H,
I, J, L, M, N, O, Q, R, T, U, V, W, Y, Z). Then I get an error that 3005P03
isn't found. It appears that all the Brick 1x1's with the Light Blue pattern are
now only rectangles too. Also missing:

3245a.dat (looking through Brick)
4-4con2.dat (looking through Other Parts\M)
193B.dat (looking through Other Parts\M)
193A.dat (looking through Other Parts\M)
769.dat (looking through Other Parts\M)
973PDF.dat (looking through Other Parts\M)
973P1H.dat (looking through Other Parts\M)

I only looked through Brick and \M. Is it just me here or was a problem created
with the new parts install? I never had these problems before I installed the
new update (which went perfectly). I'd be happy to look through the rest of the
stuff if you need me to.

Thanks for all the great work, guys! Even a 1MB price tag isn't too big for a
crater plate!

~Mike