 CAD / 11361
11360  |  11362
Subject:
Background effects. Was [Re: MINI C-38 Dropship]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:58:07 GMT

In lugnet.space, Travis Cobbs wrote:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/3807
I definitely agree; the C-38 is very cool (which isn't to say that the
A-38 is bad).

On a side note, did you use LDView for the line drawings?  (I'm not aware
of any other programs that have an "edges only" feature, but that certainly
doesn't mean there aren't any.)

I think you can achieve that effect in any renderer.  Just turn off lighting
and use bricks that are all the same color as the background.  I think I
(or someone else) came up with that technique when I did this picture to
show some missing conditional lines in the part.

  http://brickshelf.com/gallery/dheyse/temp/domelines.png

Hey, speaking of background effects.  I just noticed that Mozilla Firefox
actually supports the transparent png background in this pic.  Yeah!

  http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=81648

Now if only IE would display that correctly.

Don