 CAD / 11263
  Re: Lpub find edges

(...) This is so very true, and troublesome. POV-Ray does not support the concept of a line in 3D space, so L3P cannot directly translate LDraw lines to POV-Ray entities. Lars, at one point we talked about the possibility of having L3P use cylinders (...) (20 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Lpub find edges

(...) Cylinders would not resolve every edge lines, at curved surfaces that would be a problem. There are comercial renderes that do that line and flat surface stuff. They are used a lot to blend 3D CG with cell animation drawings. I have not (...) (20 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Lpub find edges

(...) Well, I did some tests walking the tree and printing out all line type 2 as cylinders, but I didn't think it looked to well. Mostly because at some edges you only see 1/4 of the cylinder, and at other edges you see 3/4 of the cylinder. L3P (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)