 CAD / 11227
    Re: LSC - request for defining a WORKING connection database standard —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I like the idea of connections. I think it's really neat and would like to see it realised. I support asking LSC to look into this further. But I fear that requiring authors to submit a .cdl file might be increasing the barriers to entry for (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: LSC - request for defining a WORKING connection database standard —Larry Pieniazek
   I'm not sure where this standard definition is at these days, or whether it could be used to automate what I'm doing by a clever MetaWiki robot coder, but I (and others) started capturing some connection information in BrickWiki ( (URL) ) You can (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: LSC - request for defining a WORKING connection database standard —danny staple
    (...) While a connection database could be helpful, I just cant help thinking that a relationship/constrain system like solidworks and Pro/Engineer use could acheive a lot more. It could certainly be a start, then simplified - so the CAD (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: LSC - request for defining a WORKING connection database standard —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Note that Rosco already did take a crack at a few, including generating some images for them, and in doing so, found a problem in one I created, and caused me to decide to add fields to the connectionTypeBox, which is goodness. Thanks! (...) I (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)