 CAD / 11144
11143  |  11145
Subject:
Error trying to render a slope
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 06:15:57 GMT

I’m hoping someone can help.

In trying to render a file containing only a single slope I am getting the following error in POV-Ray:

No matching } in object, object found instead.

It *seems* to be getting caught on this part of the .pov file:
object {
 _3675_dot_dat
 matrix <1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0>
 #if (version >= 3.1) material #else texture #end { Color7 }
}
#if (QUAL > 0)
 object {
  _3675_dot_dat_slope
  matrix <1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0>
  #if (version >= 3.1) material #else texture #end { Color7_slope }
 }
#end
Specifically, I think it’s hanging on that last ‘if’.

I’ve tried generating the .dat file from both MLCAD and LEOCAD. I’m using LPub to call POV-Ray, and have tried it with POV-Ray versions 3.1 and 3.5. All combinations seem to result in the same error. I’ve also downloaded and installed the latest/greatest parts files from LDraw and checked that the LGEO files are installed properly. Oddly, this seems to happen only with slopes I try to render, and yet all other parts I’ve tried are working fine.

Any thoughts on this? Is there a texture difference on the face of the slopes that’s causing a problem? Is this a config error, or am I still missing files needed to render the slopes properly?

Thanks in advance,
Allan B.