 CAD / 11136
Re: Newbie LSynth Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 02:42:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kim Toll wrote:
Next question:
I'm trying to use LSynth.  I have followed the directions in the book (Virtual
Lego) but when I launch LSynth it says "Unable to find lsynth install
directory".  So am I missing another environment variable?

LSynth was installed by the automagic installer from the CD and it placed it in
c:\LDraw\Programs\LSynth.  And there's a bin directory under there that its
probably trying to find.  But I don't know how to tell it where it is.

I did search for this issue on Lugnet.CAD but didn't find a solution.

Thanks for your help,
Kim

OK, bad form to reply to yourself but I'm going to in this case just to document
the solution I found to this problem in case others run into it.

To solve this I downloaded LSynth from Kevin Clague's site and installed it.  It
now works like a champ.  There's a lot more stuff in the LSynth directory this
time too - a couple of ini files, a dat a bmp plus the two that were there
before (lsynth.exe & .html).

Anyway, it works now.  Doesn't look like the all-in-one installer installed
LSynth correctly on my machine either.  And I've installed it on two machines
with the same behavior.  re-installing from the web fixed it in both places.

I have a new question now though, but I'll send another post to address that
issue.

Thanks,
Kim