 CAD / 10716
Re: Control Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:44:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Colin Ballantyne wrote:
Hi! I'm quite new to LDraw modelling, and have already recreated some models
electronically, however some of them have a Technic Control Center built into
them.

I was wondering if:

1. A Control Center Part existed (even if not finished).

Not that I know of and a quick search didn't find anything.

2. If not - what software was available for me to recreate the primitive part
myself.

Wow, this is a big question.  Basically you have to become familiar with the
LDraw file specification.  Read these 2 documents:

http://www.ldraw.org/article/116
http://www.ldraw.org/article/45

The above give you a quick run through of how to create parts.  However. the
best way to learn is by opening the parts in the LDRAW\PARTS directory and
looking to see how they are made.  If I remember, Tim's book "Virtual Lego" has
a chapter on Parts Authoring but I'm not sure how in depth it goes.

-Orion