 CAD / 10581
  linux ldraw users

(...) I'm not sure I agree with your assumptions about Linux users. From my experience, they seem to be more self sufficient and generally tend to ask fewer questions. I've been too busy to play with LDView lately, but if I did, I'd just compile it (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: linux ldraw users

Don, thanks for including the .cad group; I don't keep up w/ the .mlcad group. I agree that there's just not a lot of publicity for the Linux flavor of tools. I've been using the LDraw tools since late 1999. I didn't realize the benefit of LDView (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: linux ldraw users

(...) Thinking about it, I think Don's probably right. In addition, I agree with Jack that most users aren't going to want to have to compile something themselves. I actually have a binary distrubution of the Linux version in addition to the source (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad)