 CAD / 10176
10175  |  10177
Subject:
8448 All-Wheel Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 02:39:56 GMT

Not sure where I should post this, so I’m just sorta guessing here as to where to post. Whatever gets me an answer, I suppose. So here goes. Does anyone have a good, strong, and small (emphasize strong)(similar in size to the original) solution to incorporating a differential in the front suspension setup of the 8448 to drive the front wheels? I want it to look very much the same as the setup described in the 8448 instructions, with the wheels and steering rack in the exact same location. The width can be made 2-4 studs wider. I am open to any ideas, preferably using the 8466 hubs. But I will still take no-special-parts solutions. As long as it works and meets the above requirements. All my ideas and experiments tend to lead either to strong yet large, or small yet weak setups, and I now seem to be out of ideas. Please help/guide/assist/suggest!!!!!

Max