 CAD / 10136
    mosaic maker dithering —Peter Markiewicz
   Hi, I'm new to the group and was wondering if anyone knew what error diffusion dithering algorithm is used in the online Mosaic maker? I have been playing with one of my own and my results don't even look close. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: mosaic maker dithering Todd Lehman
   (...) Peter, It uses 'ppmquant' from the NetPBM (aka PBMtools) package. Type 'man ppmquant' on a Unix system for details. I think it uses Heckbert color space partitioning but I'm not sure off hand. --Todd (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: mosaic maker dithering —Peter Markiewicz
   (...) Todd, Thanks for your help. - Peter (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.cad)