 Books / 94
Re: New (ish) MINDSTORMS book in UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.books
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:11:35 GMT

A bit quiet here, anyone still look at this group?

OK, I got the "Introducing Robotics with LEGO Mindstorms" and it's not bad.
It uses photographs to show the model construction which can be a little
unclear at times, but the descriptions with them are pretty good (the other
Mindstorms books from A!Press and O'Reily use diagrams whic are much
clearer). As a VB programmer the most useful thing about the book is that
all of the programming examples are shown using both the Mindstorms software
and using Visual Basic code around Spirit.OCX. The robots in the book cover
the usual touch sensor and steering concepts, plus there are a couple of
lifting arms and a random decision making executive toy.

Dan