 Books / 334
333  |  335
Subject:
Washington Post mentions Brick Testament book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.loc.us.dc
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:30:23 GMT

My thanks to Derek Schin for pointing this one out to me. The 5 October 2003 Sunday edition of The Washington Post mentions The Brick Testament book in their Book World section. Here is the text of the article:

Washington Is Also Reading ...
selling well in local independent bookstores

The Brick Testament

By Brendan Powell Smith (Quirk, $14.95)

Our evolving forms of religious expression may be
unsettling, but it’s hard to find fault with this look at
Brendan Smith’s whimsical art work -- a mission to
illustrate all the books of the Bible using Legos. This
collection of photographs reveals his work thus far: 10
tales from the Book of Genesis. (NF)

The article can also be seen on their website here.

Kind of makes it sound like all I’ve illustrated so far is those 10 stories, but hey, who’s counting, right? (Answer: me, 138) @8^)

-The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith

PS. I don’t imagine anyone would still have a copy of this paper around, but if so, I’d love to get a copy if this piece.