 Boats / 190
Re: Large and Impressive Boat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 17:45:26 GMT

In lugnet.boats, Alan Gerber writes:
I saw this impressive boat by Pierre Lecuyer at brickshelf.com:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=17737

   Check also the 'croiseur2.jpg' picture--that's a *very* fine ship,
   IMHO, even if there's no new solution to the pixellation of bow
   and stern (our perennial problem).  I think the colour scheme is
   quite effective, but I'd love to see a few more detailed pictures
   of some areas, notably the midships region and the aircraft cata-
   pult.  Is it designed for minifig habitation?

   I'd also like to see what sort of slopes Pierre used to define
   hull curvature (steep, extreme steep, or none?)--pixellation or
   no, it *is* the best-looking brick curve I've seen on a ship of
   this size in a very long time.

   I'm kicking around the idea of building a very complicated bow
   next time around, with vertical pixellation but horizontal angling;
   the issue will be how to fix it in position and not have it change
   geometry, but I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

   best

   Lindsay