 Belville / 566
565  |  567
Subject:
Longest beam (2x24) in new Belville, but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.belville
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 05:27:50 GMT

The good news:
In the new Belville sets is the longest brick (outside baseplates) I've seen so
far: a 2x24 beam.
The bad news:
Its with notches at the ends (like http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30520), and
have PEGS sticking up (like the top of the JackStone pillars), so it's really
not that versatile. It comes in white (5940, 5941) and in trans-clear with
silver sprinkle (5942).

All in all the new Belville sets have been JUNIORIZED - you wouldn't think it
possible, would you? But the baseplates now have the new annoying pegs in the
corners (5942 has a nice 12x24 sand blue baseplate, but with 4 pegs it's more or
less useless for MOCs), the "walls" are JackStone pillars with thin soft plastic
sheets between.

Why do Lego think girls should have easier build now? The Belville boxes don't
say "4+", but the assembly is even less complicated than the 4+ sets. If I
wanted to buy a "Pop-Singer Studio" that couldn't be changed into something
else, I would go for the real thing like Bratz or Playmobil.

A new low in TLC production.

Arne, Copenhagen