 Belville / 562
Re: New version of 5827 Belville Coach
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.belville, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 07:04:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
Hi,

Just for info:
To commemorate the upcoming Danish Royal Wedding (14th of May 2004), set number
5827 is re-issued as set number 5877, with dark-haired figures replacing the
blond figures in 5827.

These have just turned up in Tasmania (and presumably the rest of Australia).
Myer Hobart (Tasmania) have heaps of them at $A39.99 each, nearly half the price
of the original set.  I did wonder if we were going to get them or only Denmark!

I did notice that there were some other differences, eg the new set doesn't have the treasure chest, hat etc and I think the carriage itself has minor design differences.   If they're still there next week I'll buy one and compare.

The "Our Mary" stuff is at fever-pitch right now down here...:)

Deidre