 Belville / 448
Re: Instructions for Belville Fairy Tale Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 21:41:17 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Greg Perry writes:
One of the things that I really dig about the Belville Fairy Tale sets is
the way the instructions picture the figures from the set actually putting
it together.

It is amusing :^)

For those of you that have never seen these instructions, unlike the regular
instructions that make use of CAD type images, the Beville FT sets use
photographs of the actual pieces being assembled.  The folks at LEGO have
done a really good job with these pictures in the way they have the figures
handling the pieces as if they are actually building the sets.

My favorite set instructions are for 5826 (the Queen's Chamber).  This one
cracks me up with the pictures of the wicked queen building her chamber,
assembling her magic mirror and spying on the prince and princess.  The last
two pictures are great with her spiking an apple with poison in one and
studying a frog (trans-green) with a magnifying glass (trans-purple) in the
other.

Anyway, I just wanted to lay out that praise for the Belville FT sets while
I'm hanging out in this group speculating about the theme's possible demise.
Been meaning to share this appreciation for a while.  Figured I better do it
now while it still has some relevance.

There are more sets coming this year.

pete.w