 Belville / 413
Re: I finally managed to use a Belville pale yellow tower piece in a mini-fig MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:22:52 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Brad Hamilton writes:
I've been trying to use one of those Belville pale yellow tower pieces for
about a year now.

I finally managed to integrate one into my police station, of all places.
You can see it here:

Its not necessarily a "great" fit, but I think it fulfills the need for a
rounded wall section in this building.

Brad - Saw your pictures previously and failed to comment on them then
(great as they are) because I didn't have a personal stake in pale yellow
Belville pieces. Now I do - at the BrickFest shopping spree I ended up with
2 copies of The Enchanted Palace (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5808).  I
nabbed 1 of the 2 "scratch & dent" copies they had at 50% off and after
studying it for a while decided I'd go ahead and grab a second copy at 10%
off since there are a lot of great elements in them.

The yellow towers aren't on that list.  However, I envision using them as
some adornment atop a castle-esque downtown building that could be used in a
town layout for my local LUG's eventual train shows (a goal for RichLUG).
Since I've ended up with 8 of the suckers I can build a little tower at each
of the four corners of this building's rooftop.  In my mind's eye I see the
building as being made completely out of red brick until you get to the roof.

There are a few other Belville elements that use this same color.  From the
same Enchanted Palace set there are curved spindled fence elements which
Brad also used in his Police station.  Unfortunately I didn't spot any sets
with straight spindled fences in this color.

I also bought a couple of copies of Millimy's House
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5824) which includes 2 arches and 2 plates in
this shade of yellow in each set.

So anyway, I'll be trying to figure out some use for these pieces also (I'll
not be deterred by Larry P.'s pronouncement in the checkout line that
they're worthless). I'll admit though that there are some pieces in the
Belville sets I bought that I think I will have a hard time figuring out
what to do with them...

Oh well I'll think of something.  That's all part of the fun of building
with LEGO - working around the problems presented by the limitations of the
elements in your possession.

So thanks for posting the pictures Brad and showing us that it could be done.

Greg