 Belville / 395
Re: 5848
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:48:25 GMT

ben medinets wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has seen this set recently...
I think the detail on this is truly awesome...I was blown away when I seen
the pic for this....and I am a guy!!!! (not to be sexist)
I wish Town Lego had a boat as detailed as this.....makes me drool with
envy!!! :->,

I don't know that it's all that awesome. Most of the detail is stuff
which is allowed for by the larger scale. There really isn't all that
much to it. It is a nice design, and it is true that it does have some
interior detail that minifig scale ships don't have.

The boat hull though is actually not quite as good as it looks in the
picture. It's not as fancy a hull as the minfig scale floating boats. It
doesn't have a double walled hull, which means the studs which support
the deck are on a lip which sticks out from the side of the hull. The
rear is the only place it has a double hull.

At some point I will build a luxury liner for my minifigs though...

Frank