 Belville / 337
Re: Future of Belville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 23:31:10 GMT

Hey, all I care about is that the parts can be used for mini-fig stuff and
they are pretty cool.  I trash most LEGO group models anyhow and build my
own stuff.

Wes Loder <mwl2@psu.edu> wrote in message news:G6nLCs.95n@lugnet.com...
First Belville took over the Paradisa themes,
then, when Scala took those themes too, Belville
morphed into a fairy land world of its own. I find
this somewhat ironic considering that one of the
original selling points of Belville was that its
figures were dollhouse scale-thereby allowing
little girls to build and play with LEGO brand
dollhouses.
     I find it curious that LEGO has not followed the
fairy tale motif to its logical conclusion and
introduced dragons and other non-human evils
for the prince or the liberated princesses to
contend with. Instead of more pretty princesses
in silk dresses, where is the modern fantasy
princess, bow and arrow or sword in hand going
off to subdue a dragon? (in the world of LEGO no
one ever really gets hurts).
I find it annoying that LEGO produced a
mini-fig scale fairy, then made none of the limbs
moveable. Here was an opportunity to increase
the possibilities throughout LEGO System and
instead we have wand holders.
Anyway, what other possibilities do you see
with Belville within the fairyland concept that
have not yet been explored?  Even if LEGO never
does them, it might give me some building ideas.
Cheers, WES