 Aquazone / 408
Re: New Aquazone-Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:05:47 GMT

In lugnet.aquazone, Stefan Noll writes:
Hi !

Thank you for your suggestions.
The entire project is avaiable as .DAT -File with new Images at:

Stefan

In lugnet.aquazone, Brad Hamilton writes:
Hi Stefan,

That looks really cool.  That's the biggest aquazone base I've seen.  I was
checking this out a day or so ago on Brickshelf and was thinking of posting
something, but I figured I'd wait a few days to see if the owner would do
so.

This looks like a collection of tons of 6195 sets with some addional
trans-blue space parts thrown in.  The added parts fit very nicely.  You've
kept the other buildings very much with the theme of 6195.

Some suggestions:

- The pictures look a little grainy, like they were video-captured.  They
are also fairly large.  You might want to try to cut the size in half, if
you have a utility for doing so.  This might remove the graininess and might
make the pictures easier to view.

- Keeping a consistent style with 6195 is cool, but stock LEGO sets area
always "thinned" down.  In other words, they tend to have very little bulk
to them to cut down on costs.  This gives them rather small and unrealistic
interiors.  If you are looking for a way to make the base "bigger and
better," then you might consider thickenning up the buildings with yellow,
gray, and black bulk bricks, columns, and arches.

Great Job.  Its good to see new AquaZone builders!

(I'm copying this to lugnet.build since a lot of folks don't read the
aquazone newsgroup because posts are so rare.)

Stefan Noll <orchideenmike@t-online.de> wrote in message
Hi Aquazonians !

In the last weeks I build Aquanauts-Stations to combine them together to a
Aquanauts-Complex. The Stations are not ready but maybe you have ideas or
suggestions to my Project.

Here are some Pictures:
How do you build the very large windows and more importantly, how will you
obtain these large windows, such as the windows on your deutrium refinery?
I think that the side pods on the Aquanauts/Aquanauts I personal submarine
are good ideas for rockets and missiles for space craft myself and the
cockpits of Stingrays and Hydronauts/Aquanauts II personal submarines are a
good idea for mecha cockpits but these are merely personal opinions, Stefan.
Jesse Long