 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 694
693  |  695
Subject:
Mechastruct Entry: CRM-22 Enforcer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:51:18 GMT

(category 2 entry)

this little (relative term) fellow has been brewing for weeks, my thanks and
apreciation go out to all the mech-heads for inspiring me, to Gla-Gla, for
his armature, from which I "borrowed" the joint technology, and my friend
Kyle, for providing feedback as I revised parts of the design over and over
and over. LMKWYT.

*backstory follows*

the Civil Response Mecha was developed. now it's latest revision, model 22,
has entered production. a lightweight, agile peacekeeper, the "Enforcer" is
large enough to be an effective psychological weapon on it's own, while at
the same time being small enough to easily maneuver through city streets.
armamed with a single AP3 "Phoenix" Automatic Particle Projection Pistol
(seen here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=29137 ), it
packs more than enough firepower to clear the streets of just about
anything. of course, being a mecha, the only way to truly disarm it is to
dismember it, as a solid punch will flatten an SUV like a tin can. the
optical systems peer out through a narrow opening between the vocalization
grille and an armor plate installed specifically to shield the optics. the
profusion of antennas from the back of the head keep the Enforcer in
constant communication with it's HQ, relaying a steady stream of situational
data. of particular note is the removeable cockpit module, enabling the
pilot to escape in an emergency situation, or allowing the installation of a
remote piloting system, should one be desired. the Enforcer's reinforced
titanium is effectively impervious to anything short of antitank weapons,
making it well suited to operation in even the most hostile of urban
environments.

one of the limitations of the Enforcer is it's power supply. the fusion
reactor located in the hip structure is not the most efficient source of
energy, and must be regularly supplied with fresh fuel. fortunately, the
Enforcer has a dedicated Fuel vehicle AND a combined Repair/refuelling
gantry, allowing the unit to be more easily prepped for a sortie, or worked
on while being maintained in a near-ready to deploy state. (the fuel truck
and gantry can be seen here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=29138 and here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=29139 respectively)