 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 684
683  |  685
Subject:
Oil Lamp - MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:10:47 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

   I have completed my most recent design - a pair of Oil Lamps in the style
of Aladdin's Lamp.

   The body and spout are hollow, and the handle is plenty sturdy enough to
pick it up and carry it around by.

   The removable lid is friction fit and won't fall out when turned
upside-down, yet it lifts off easily using the knob on top.  The top of the
lid is 10 studs in diameter, and has a 9 stud diameter rim underneath that
fits into the main body.

   This was also my first project using LDRAW/MLCAD.  The initial sketch
designs were done on my own custom graph paper.  Then I used MLCAD and real
bricks concurrently to both refine and document the design.

   I will be keeping one for myself and giving the other to a friend for
Christmas.

Brian H. Nielsen