 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 632
MOC: X40A Ranger Alpha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 04:46:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greetings!

I've had a lot of time to kill this month while looking for a new job
(anyone need a slightly used Mac programmer?), so I thought I'd finally
post a few shots of some MOCs I've built. I've been haunting the
newsgroups for years and decided I should delurk and start
contributing.

First up is a small mech from the MitsuDyne Corporation, model X40A.

The Ranger is a light recon vehicle designed for rapid deployment from
orbit to an unsecured LZ. The unit is folded into a compact ball and
installed in a TDS pod for atmospheric insertion. Moments before ground
contact, the unit will be released from the TDS and complete a
self-powered controlled descent while transforming to deployed mode.

It was challenging to build the desired detail and articulation (the
hip joint has two DOF) while reserving room for the weapons and support
gear given the rigid size constraints. The model is fairly fragile, but
the fold/deploy transformation is fully functional.

MitsuDyne X40A

MitsuDyne 301 TDS pod

PLMKWYT. All my content on BrickShelf is new, so please explore.

AFOL and his money are soon parted.