 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 486
  New Moc: Dark Red Building

I finally acquired enough dark red to put together a little building for the TCLTC layout (another "backdrop" building). I was really anxious to see the dark red in action, so to speak, and I think it was worth the wait! I *really* like this color (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: New Moc: Dark Red Building

It looks more like brick color than red... Tan is good trim too. (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Moc: Dark Red Building

(...) Dark red looks really sweet. This would be a fantastic choice for bulk. Nice building too. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Moc: Dark Red Building

(...) Viva indeed! I was going to attempt to do the same thing but it is to cost prohibitive for me right now. Dark red is wonderful! It really creates a nice mood. Works well with tan too! I am really hoping for this color in bulk bricks as well. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Moc: Dark Red Building

(...) Link for others to what Jonathan is referring: (URL) for the compliments. I like your comparison to Hopper-- you and I can start calling ourselves the Ashcan LEGO Builders;-) Seriously though, I am into creating buildings that are specifically (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Moc: Dark Red Building

Reminds me of an Edward Hopper painting. (...) (URL) work is very warm and sets a cozy mood. (Like dark red) (...) My feelings as well. I do use red, but I try to warm it up with brown or dark grey trim. Green, Blue & Yellow? only on awnings and (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)