 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4434
new moc: ancient egyptian nobleman's villa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:47:22 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

   in march of this year, some members of our group were asked to create mocs to celebrate the ancient egypt exhibit at ottawa’s museum of civilization. i created an architectural moc after doing some research to try to make it at least somewhat historically accurate. there are not many pictures out there of actual ancient egyptian houses. this result is a composite take on a nobleman’s villa loosely based on floor plans i found.

i knew i couldn’t create a figless moc but it was difficult to gather enough plain yellow torsos to populate the villa with as many slaves as an affluent egyptian would own.

   the most fun i had was creating the door design and the front gate. when i demolish the moc, i will save both pieces and create another doorway study for my series. i printed a custom coloured cloth to create the canvas awning for the roof top, yes, it is non-lego.

enjoy the folder including floor plans and research photos.

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-