 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4375
4374  |  4376
Subject:
Galactica (RDM) Update: 2 new MINI models from the reimagined series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 2009 22:40:05 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello dear LUGnet people!

As some of you might know, I run a small Battlestar Galactia side project besides the larger Star Wars collection. Today I want to present 2 new models from the Reimagined (RDM)¹ Battelstar Galactica TV series to you. While many of the Classic series’ starships also appear in the reimagined series, there are some new unique designs as well. I want to present two of them to you here. :)

¹RDM stands for “Ronald D. Moore”, the creator of the reimagined series (I had to search quite a bit until I found out what this stood for ;) ).

First we have the new Cylon Raider. It has absolutely nothing in common with the design from the classic series and resembles a completely new shape. Very sleek. Quite round. It was not easy to get the shape and the width of this little craft accurately. The solution presented here is quite tricky, as it features a lot of SNOT work for such a small model, but has no gaps left open between the snotted bricks. The rounding was realized by curved slopes (1x3 and 1x4) with a 1x1 slope rounding the design up at the back. :)

Click the image or the link below for larger images:

MINI Cylon Raider

The second ship for today is the Colonial One, a colonial civilian starship which serves as HQ for the president of the twelve colonies. Although it looks simple, the entire rear section with the “thruster ring” in the middle and engine fins at the back was quite a challenge.

Click the image or the link below for larger images:

MINI Colonial One

That’s it for today! Thank you for your interest and enjoy your week-end!

Yours Chris.

http://www.deckdesigns.de/