 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4369
  The Polar Express Mark II

Just a few weeks shy of three years ago, I announced my MOC version of the Polar Express. Since then I've upgraded it many times, adding more and more detail. Tonight I sat down and photographed it. (2 URLs) Flickr> Gallery Post Mod (URL) Gallery (...) (15 years ago, 16-Feb-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: The Polar Express Mark II

Hey Tony, this looks really good. The photos are very nice. I especially like the pics of the Locomotive and the way the passenger car tops come off. I was wondering do other Train Builders use that 2x2 printed plate as a boiler furnace door lid? (...) (15 years ago, 17-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Polar Express Mark II

(...) Vool MOC for sure! I really like the cowcatcher design. I bet you are looking forward to the new track geometry that's supposed to be coming out soon - that way a long engine like yours will look more prototypical when going around larger (...) (15 years ago, 17-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The Polar Express Mark II

(...) The cow catcher is nice. I'm curious how this flex track might work. I can't see it working the same as traditional (URL) Model RR Flex Track>. This will be interesting. Larger radius curves would truly be awesome though. Cale (15 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The Polar Express Mark II

(...) Thanks, Eric, it's taken a long time for me to figure out a "good" way of taking photos of an all black locomotive. I'm sure other builders use the 2x2 printed tile in the same way, but I can't think of any examples off hand. --Tony (15 years ago, 26-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Polar Express Mark II

(...) Thanks to the both of you. The cow catcher design was directly inspired by the work of Shaun Sullivan, so the credit goes to him. I am looking forward to seeing what LEGO comes out with, but I'll always design my locomotives to run on the (...) (15 years ago, 26-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)