 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4348
4347  |  4349
Subject:
Fire Station - Modular with Furnished Interior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2009 01:58:11 GMT

I built this modular fire station a couple of years ago and am just getting around to posting it now. I started working on this building back in 2004 and it took me about three years to finally get it where I wanted it. I initially had a two-story building with a back side that opened like a door. However, with the release of the Cafe Corner, I decided to switch to a modular design instead.

The top floor of the building includes the sleeping quarters and the locker room/showers/toilet. One of my favorite things about modular building is the ability to furnish and then easily view the interiors of the MOC’s. This one is always a favorite at the shows we do. The second floor of the station houses the kitchen, the dining room, and the recreation room. I’m not real happy with the kitchen and I’m thinking I’ll update it before Brickworld 2009, but I’m not sure exactly what I want to do yet. I think I will need to add some additional cabinets and maybe build some micro kitchen appliances. The bottom floor of the fire station houses the trucks and all of the ancillary fire fighting equipment. I have to say that this is the most sparsely furnished area of the fire house and I definitely need to do some work down here. Future plans are to tile the floor and add additional equipment and storage spaces.

You can check out more pictures at my MOCPages Page

This MOC was a lot of fun to build even though it has been (and is still going) through many revisions. I welcome any comments or suggestions as this MOC (and all of my MOC’s) are essentially WIP’s. I find that a few months after I complete a build, I always want to start making changes and improve it. It seems work is never done. :-)

Enjoy and Happy Building!

-Dave

ToT-LUG